It’s 6 am, what’s your go-to? Coffee of course. But if you want to add a little “spice” to your brew, then you’ll love cannabis infused coffee. Now the world can use marijuana to help them sleep, but also to stay awake!
Many people are developing somewhat of an obsession over this stuff (but it’s not hard to understand why). One of those people, Corinne Tobias created an entire cookbook revolving around the dynamic duo: coffee and cannabis. The cookbook, Wake & Bake: a cookbook, a colorful, healthy and playful guide to cooking with cannabis features a variety of cannabis coffee products. These include: six versions of coffee creamers, cannabis honey tincture infused coffee, an iced canna-coffee shake, and even a cannabis infused coffee cake.
And because she is focused on her health, and her readers’ health, she suggest using a low-acid coffee that is paleo, vegan and “friendly” to your digestive system.
Here are her instructions for a cold-brew:
- In a large ceramic bowl or 1/2 gallon mason jar, mix: 4 Cups Room Temperature Water 2 Cups Coursly Ground Organic Coffee
- Let the coffee mixture sit for at least 12 hours. I like it best after 24 hours, but if you’re impatient, you can pour a little off after 12 and let the rest chill for longer.
- Strain the coffee through a filter or a mesh strainer. Store the concentrate in the refrigerator.
But if you’re interested in using Bulletproof coffee, you can try that too! Bulletproof coffee is traditionally made with butter, so she says if you have some cannabutter on hand, you can use that too. But, she prefers using cannabis infused coconut oil.
Here are her instructions for a Bulletproof brew:
- In a blender, combine:
- 1-2 Tablespoons Cold Brew Concentrate (more or less to taste)
- 3/4-1 Cup of Boiling Water
- 1 teaspoon – 1 Tablespoon Cannabis Infused Coconut Oil
- 2-3 Tablespoons Coconut Milk
- Sweeten to taste with organic stevia or local honey and serve immediately.